Well, it’s about that time again when I begin to go through my travel withdrawals. It’s been about six months since New York, and I’m starting to experience nervous twitches out of my desperate need to be back in the Big Apple.
My girlfriends and I are planning another trip to NYC for the month of October. This will be the second time this year in New York, surprisingly. You see, when it comes to making plans with my girlfriends, it takes serious organization skills to get us all together at once. More often than not, we end up only being able to get a couple of us together at a time because of our never-ending conflicting schedules. Luckily, planning a trip three months in advance hasn’t brought any conflicts thus far. Not every weekend has been booked up yet. (Sarcasm).
With that in mind, I also happen to have a little bit of a problem. It is my self-diagnosed Planning OCD Syndrome. I plan to make a plan. And sometimes, I’m not sure how I even keep my head straight. As much as I would love to live by the motto, “Go with the flow,” it is just physically impossible. I must have a plan in order to function like a normal human being. So, now that the planning for the NY trip is ‘planned’ I now am working on our plan of events while we are there.
Our options thus far:
1. As far as hotel, that is still up in the air. We want something inexpensive, but cockroach free seeing as though we will just be in our hotel rooms to sleep. Well, maybe. We tend to do it big when we’re all together.
2. I really want to take the girls to 5 Napkins. When they came to visit me in January, we didn’t make it out there. But, I went with one of my girlfriends from Marie Claire. If you are looking for the best burgers in NYC, 5 Napkins is the place to go. And you will need five napkins to eat the house burger. Although I can promise you that you will not regret it. Your calorie counter-maybe. But you wont
3. The famous Magnolia Baker, a special spot where the Sex and the City girls liked to venture, is also a place I would like to take them too. It’s a great part of town, with the Marc Jacobs store just a block down, and standing in line for some of the greatest sugar cookies is well worth it in my book.
4. We would also like to hit the night life a little more. Last time we ventured out to Coyote Ugly, and it will be a definite stop on our list this year as well.
5. I would also love to explore Greenwich Village a bit more. It’s a beautiful place with lots of boutiques and little shops. We can’t forget the famous Christian Louboutin store that is a must go in.
6. What I really enjoyed doing when I was last in NY was walking through Central Park and grabbing some Godiva chocolate covered strawberries and candy bars for my journey. Perfect way to spend an afternoon.
If you have any suggestions or just want to share something you enjoyed, I would love to hear from you! I’m always up for trying something new! Enjoy your day fashionistas.
THE GIRL IN THE YELLOW CAB